Damages are types of compensation for the various ways in which your injuries have negatively affected your life. Damages are divided into two types, Special damages, and General damages.
Special damages are things and expenses with an actual dollar value, like:
- Vehicle damage.
- Treatment expenses.
- Damaged personal property.
- Income loss, both past and future.
- Things and services you paid for because of your injuries, including domestic help.
General damages include compensation for things that do not have a specific dollar value, like:
- Pain and suffering.
- Loss of companionship of loved ones.
- Having to live with permanent injury.
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
There are number of other types of damages available depending on your specific case. Please feel free to contact us for free consultation.
Wrongful Death Damages:
If a loved one has been killed due to the negligence of another and you have a wrongful death claim, the following damages may apply:
- The deceased’s pain-and-suffering before passing on.
- Treatment bills incurred by the deceased.
- Funeral expenses.
- Your loss of benefits you will no longer receive, like medical and retirement benefits.
- Your loss of the affection, companionship, love, and marital consortium of your deceased loved one.
As above, there are other types of damages available depending on the specific circumstance of your case. Please contact us for free consultation.